Friday, May 28, 2010

Check Out My Widgets

Feel free to browse around this blog. I've set up some RSS feeds, which basically means that the site will update itself without me having to do much.
On the left of the page there's a link to recipes for foods that are in season. It's a UK site but their seasons seem to be pretty much in line with ours.
At the bottom of the page there are links to Nigel Slater's recipes. He's a great English chef who is so passionate about his food. I have a number of his books that are as good a read as they are a source of great recipes.
Below Nigel there is a link to the English newspaper The Telegraph. That features up to date recipes and then Jamie Oliver's link below that has daily videos. Check out his video for bbq red mullet. I'm looking forward to trying out that simple recipe.
There are also links to Whole Foods in Schaumburg (where I got Krista the florist to put together a bouquet for my 2nd wedding anniversary). It details what events they have coming up in their classroom. The Chicago Magazine link is foodie information for the city. There are food stories plus restaurant reviews.
Finally, below that there is a diary scheduling various food related stuff. It will have details of Farmers Markets that are in town, plus anything else that I think might be of interest. Coming on Monday 31st is the launch of another food TV channel that is a spin off from the Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment